KryptoSign is in beta, and the current user experience is primarily aimed at users already familiar with crypto, Eth wallets etc. But we do want the app to be easy and fun to use!
Please check out the FAQs below. If your issue persists, come find us in the #Krytosign channel on our Discord server!
What is KryptoSign?
- KryptoSign is a simple documents platform for the world of crypto and NFTs. It is used a lot by people who run NFT / Discord communities, to do things like build guestbooks, or giveaways. Things like: "Hey, Discord people who own my NFT! I'm doing a giveaway! Go sign the guestbook, sign it with your crypto wallet and your Discord, and then we'll pick a winner."
- You can use KryptoSign for simple contracts, for instance. As the creator, you log in with your MetaMask, and you write a few sentences ("I am hereby hiring Pat for 1E to make me a gorgeous NFT of my dog"). KS then generates a link that you send to the other parties. They then sign that document with their Metamask. Voila, A simple little contract, kind of like Hellosign, but signed with crypto wallets instead of signed scribbles or whatevever. And you can then easily send money to the address that signed the document (not inside KS, but super fast and convenient). It's a shockingly fast and convenient way to make simple contracts and pay people.
- It does assume that the people using KryptoSign are 'crypto insiders' who understand what a crypto wallet is, have MetaMask installed etc. if you're not familiar with that world, then the whole thing can just be weird and poorly explained! The good news is: it's free to use, doesn't really require any type of account registration and super fast. But you gotta have MetaMask set up in your browser.
I can't connect to KryptoSign. What should I do?
Make sure that when you first connect to KryptoSign, you sign the "Signature Request" that appears on MetaMask. This will authorize your wallet to connect to Kryptosign.
Try clearing your browser cookies.
Make sure you've signed the Signature Request in MetaMask!
I'm unable to sign my document. What should I try?
- Make sure any ad blockers are disabled. They can interfere when signing documents that require a Discord or Twitter signature.
- Try clearing your browser cookies.
How does the Lottery feature work? How can I be sure it's fair?
- We're using Chainlink to generate a random winner on-chain using Chainlink's Verifiable Random Function.
- Here's how it works. When you run the Lottery feature, you'll first Lock your document. That's a permanent, non-reversible action. We then send the total number of signers to Chainlink, they return a random number, and that person on the list is the winner.